If you’re designing a perfect luxury living room it’s important to bear in mind a few key concepts:
- Large rooms with big windows are suitable for large furniture, strong colours and dramatic curtains or blinds.
- A quality fireplace is a must. I’m a sucker for gas flames but authentic wood burners are mesmeric.
- Go for a cutting edge sound system with integrated speakers. Quite frankly technology moves so quickly it’s well worth investing in a well styled, timeless system. Something like Bose or Bang and Olufsen tend to outlast rival brands.
- A high quality flat screen TV is a must. You may want to check out the TV on rails.
- Whether you go for minimalist, or a luxury clutter look, you will need to plan carefully the amount of furniture you intend to buy and where to place it.
- For me, luxurious comfort is at the very top of my list so don’t forget little touches like mini fridges, complete remote control access to lighting, sound system, TV and curtains so that you really don’t need to lift a finger.
- Any luxury living room either needs a beautiful drinks cabinet or a full on bar with optics, draught beer and chiller cabinets.
- Purely subjective, but I really need to see some quality artwork or antiques in a living room. It just seems to add a certain panache. One of the most understated but truly excellent UK antique dealers is Partridge Fine Arts who offer an excellent personalised service and a great variety of luxury antique objects. Trust me, they may not be as big as Sothebys or Christies but they will treat you like a prince, whoever you are.
Luxury living rooms are a focal point for relaxation in any house and it’s important to get it right. Don’t skimp, just blow some of your hard earnt cash to make this crucial living space truly luxurious!
Disclosure: For this blog post we were able to gain access to a sample product or service.
To see our full Disclosure Policy please click here.