The Summerton Whisky Club is a monthly subscription service that delivers a curated selection of whiskies to your door. The club was founded Daniel Humphrey as a Christmas present for his dad, and has grown based on the want to share their love of the spirit with others.
The Summerton Whisky Club offers a range of joining options, starting from £50 bi-monthly (1x bottle), up to £300 for a full annual membership (6x bottles).
All of the whiskies selected for the Summerton Whisky Club are from different distilleries and regions around the world. This gives members the opportunity to try a wide variety of whiskies that they may not have otherwise encountered. The surprise is that you never know what will land on the doorstep, but I can guarantee it will be delicious and represent very good value, as the bottles will always be priced more than the membership itself!
The entire collection of whiskies must meet and exceed the strict criteria set by founder, Daniel Humphrey:
- The Whisky must be aged to perfection
- Not the kind of bottles you’d find on the supermarket shelf
- Pass the Summerton Whisky Club taste test – yes, we take great care to sample every Club Bottle extensively
- We only ever supply ‘full’ bottles – not miniatures, drams or samplers
In addition to the whisky, the Summerton Whisky Club also includes a tasting guide with each shipment. The tasting guide provides information about the whiskies in the shipment, as well as tips on how to taste them.
We had the opportunity to trial some Swedish Malt Whisky (who knew that was a thing). Distilled at the Mackmyra Bruk Distillery, which was founded in 1999, this is a fine whisky aged mainly using ex-bourbon casks, with some new American oak, new Swedish oak and ex-Oloroso to add depth. It is absolutely outstanding, and is a great example of the value from the club – it would retail for around £65 and is very hard to come by, so at a £50 for a bi-monthly membership, you’ve got yourself a bargain!
Here are some of the things that I like most about the Summerton Whisky Club:
- The whiskies that they select are always delicious and interesting. You’ll try whiskies from all over the world, and will always been impressed with the quality.
- The tasting guides are very informative. You’ll learn a lot about whisky from the tasting guides.
- The customer service is excellent. This is a subscription service born out of passion.
- The subscription makes the perfect gift, and is geared up for this.
Overall, I highly recommend the Summerton Whisky Club to anyone who is interested in learning more about whisky or trying new whiskies. The club is a great way to expand your whisky knowledge and horizons.
More information here https://www.summertonclub.com/
Disclosure: For this blog post we were able to gain access to a sample product or service.
To see our full Disclosure Policy please click here.