What should you expect from a visit to the Langham Hotel London?
Well the simple answer is high quality food, drink, service and accommodation. The hotel’s recent £80 million refurbishment program has breathed luxury into every orifice, right down to the Bose speakers placed in the lift. Lift music will never be quite the same again!!
During our visit we were lucky enough to test drive the delectable Landau restaurant which is receiving rave reviews by anybody and everybody. Here’s what happened:
– I ordered a Pina Colada. Creamy, delicate and delicious.
– Some freshly baked bread rolls were the prelude to a starter of Cornish crab and avocado with pickled apple puree. This dish had precision aesthetics, matched by some extraordinarily delicate flavours. My fellow diner enjoyed Foie gras parfait almond and parmesan marshmellow. He was cooing about the foie gras right through to the next day….
– Each course was ably supported by some fine red and white wines chosen for us by the Sommelier.
– Main course was a fillet of Scottish halibut apple and fennel salad. Simply divine.
– Dessert comprised Creme brulee strawberries and lemon grass. Unctuous and moresome in equal measures. By this point I was feeling the need to loosen a notch on my belt!
– Petit fours and coffee topped off a memorable fine dining experience.
So there you have it a delightful meal at the Landau.
After dinner drinks can be taken in the Artesian bar:
Or lay your head for the night in one of the Langham’s 380 guest rooms:
Room Type with from price:
– Classic Rooms – traditionally styled rooms – from £199
– Grand Rooms – newly refurbished rooms – From £229
– Langham Club – with access to Club lounges with Club privileges from £314 – if you book any suite you also get access.
– Infinity Suite – from £5,000
Full details on rooms can be found here.
For those considering Christmas, The Langham says:
“Celebrate the festive season in one of the Victorian era`s most spectacular buildings with an enchanting `Victorian Christmas` themed party.
Available for private dining and events in the seven `Private Carriage` dining rooms (named after horse-drawn carriages used in town by affluent Victorians), the Victorian Christmas experience will exemplify The Langham, London`s qualities of luxury and hospitality.”
For further info click here.
Disclosure: For this blog post we were able to gain access to a sample product or service.
To see our full Disclosure Policy please click here.